26th June 2020, UAE: The Maritime Standard has assembled an exceptionally high quality panel for its next Webinar “COVID-19: A Leadership Perspective — Scanning the Financial Horizons”, which takes place on Wednesday July 8th at 12.30 pm UAE time.
The fifth webinar in the series, which has proved highly successful, drawing in a global attendance of up to 1000 people, will on this occasion focus specifically on the finance issues facing the shipping industry as a result of the pandemic.
Collectively and individually the panelists will share their experiences around the impact of COVID-19 on the shipping industry financial situation, and its access to ship finance. They will discuss the key issues that have arisen, initiatives that have been implemented, lessons that have been learned, problems on the horizon and possible solutions for the future.
Clive Woodbridge, TMS Editor, and Webinar moderator, says, “The pandemic has had significant financial implications for many shipping companies, but these have varied from sector to sector and the overall picture is far from clear. The TMS Webinar is an ideal chance for these highly experienced and influential executives to take stock and share their thoughts about the recent past, the present and the probable future.”
It is expected that a wide range of topics will be covered during the two hour Webinar, highlighting for example the key concerns of lenders and borrowers, the impact of the pandemic on shipping company finances, the future of ship finance and the importance of international collaboration. Technical and legal issues such as closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel, will also feature.
Other topics proposed for discussion include:
- The key concerns of lenders and borrowers
- Forging cooperation between stakeholders
- Supporting companies in temporary difficulty
- Regulatory concerns
- Charter party issues
- Default avoidance
- The implications of debt trading
- The importance of international collaboration
- Identifying key financial trigger points
- Closing financial deals in an era of social distancing and limited travel
Confirmed panelists include:
- Dr Mohammed Sharaf, CEO, Green Dome Investments; former Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation for Economic and Trade Affairs, UAE and former Group CEO, DP World
- Petros Doukas, Mayor of Sparta; President, Capital Partners and former Deputy Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs, Greece
- Sanjay Mehta, Chairman, S One Capital
- H.K. Joshi, Chairperson & Managing Director, The Shipping Corporation of India
- Nitin Mehta, CEO, Tomini Shipping
- Chris Peters, CEO, Tristar-Eships
The Webinar will start with brief introductions from Trevor Pereira, Managing Director of TMS, and TMS Editor, Clive Woodbridge, who will moderate the session. Each panelist will be invited in turn to give a short summary of their view of the current crisis and its impact in terms of digitalisation of no more than 1 minute. Clive will then ask a key question to each panelist based on their particular area of expertise and experience.
This part of the webinar will be fast paced, lively and informal, giving the panelists the chance to indicate what is influencing their thinking as they assess unprecedented challenges and possible fundamental long term changes. It is expected to last for around 45 minutes. There will then be a short commercial break, after which there will be a Question Hour, for online attendees to raise their own questions which will be put to selected panelists.
Overall, the Webinar is expected to last around two hours, with the second half given over exclusively to the Question Hour during which panelists field questions raised by attendees. To register for the Webinar please click the following link: https://bit.ly/3eqMvEv