10th June 2020, UAE: Digital solutions to pandemic problems
The Maritime Standard is holding the fourth in its highly successful Covid 19: A Leadership Perspective series on Wednesday 17th June at 12.30pm UAE time. On this occasion the Webinar will once again focus primarily on the way that Covid-19 is accelerating the digitalisation of the shipping, ports, logistics and related sectors. This reflects the huge amount of interest generated by the previous Webinar which also looked at digitalisation and business transformation.
This latest Webinar will switch the emphasis from strategic considerations to more practical solutions and innovations, including lessons learned to date and how the limitations of existing systems and technology can be overcome. Experienced panelists, all industry leaders, will share their experiences around the impact of Covid-19 on digitalisation across the industry, discuss initiatives that have been implemented and debate what needs to happen now, and in the future, to further accelerate and embed change.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Khalid Alhammad, Director Fleet Management, Bahri
- Noura Al Dhaheri, CEO, Maqta Gateway
- S V Anchan, Chairman, Safesea Group
- Chris Peters, CEO, Eships
- Hans-Christian Mordhorst, COO, DA-Desk
- Shahrin Osman, Regional Head, Marine Advisory, DNV GL
Topics proposed for discussion include:
- Challenges faced by shipping and ports in accelerating the roll out of digitalisation
- Digitalising port calls and disbursements
- Creating paperless environments ashore and onboard
- Facilitating trade though digital innovation
- Regional differences in digitalisation strategies
- Learning lessons from pandemic experiences
- Harnessing digital tools to secure corporate social responsibility wins
- Guarding against cyber crime
- Overcoming the limitations of existing solutions
The Webinar will start with brief introductions from Trevor Pereira, Managing Director of TMS, and TMS Editor, Clive Woodbridge, who will moderate the session. Each panelist will be invited in turn to give a short summary of their view of the current crisis and its impact in terms of digitalisation of no more than 1 minute. Clive will then ask a key question to each panelist based on their particular area of expertise and experience.
This part of the webinar will be fast paced, lively and informal, giving the panelists the chance to indicate what is influencing their thinking as they assess unprecedented challenges and possible fundamental long term changes. It is expected to last for around 45 minutes.
There will then be a short commercial break, after which there will be a Question Hour, for online attendees to raise their own questions which will be put to selected panelists.
To register for the webinar please click on the following link: https://bit.ly/2MIwnSv